We are looking for authors to submit articles on topics they are truly passionate about and would like to share with others. The articles that will be published on the TIBP website will be "peer-reviewed" by the TIBP editorial staff. Though this is an informal process, we would like articles to be thoughtful and clearly written.
Think about what you want to say, then say it as simply as possible. Remember that, though you are interested in your topic, others may not be as motivated. We expect our readers to come from all walks of life and with various backgrounds and areas of expertise.
Here are some recommended guidelines:
- Keep it simple! Each article submitted should be readily understandable, written in plain, everyday language. The goal is to support your thesis with sound argumentation and rational discourse, while also keeping it readily understandable.
- Article length should be between 800 and 2,000 words (exceptions may be granted), not including footnotes and references.
- Edit your own work before submission and look for excessive wordiness.
- If you must use technical language, use a footnote to explain the word or phrase usage.
- Be respectful of other writers who are referenced in your document, even ones you disagree with.
- Place any "References Cited" and/or "Footnotes" at the end of the article. (We will format footnotes within the text narrative.)
- Submit documents in Microsoft Word or plain text format.
- Please include an "about the author" statement. This should be 3-4 sentences on your background.
- Formatting is flexible. When in doubt, check other articles that have been published.
- There are no payments or stipends for articles that are submitted and published.
Before you submit your Article
- Have you clearly stated the thesis or purpose of your essay?
- Does the essay, in fact, achieve its purpose (comprehensively cover its theme)?
- Was the essay length and depth appropriate to the topic and within the submission guidelines?
- Were the essay's style and vocabulary appropriate to the intended audience?
- Are technical words or terms sufficiently defined? Should there be footnotes included in the essay?
- Have you included references, where appropriate?
Topics for Submission
The topics for submission fall under the general rubric: "Things I Believe." There will be some topics that may be more complex than others, which is fine, just be sure to follow the recommended guidelines.
General Topic Categories (the list below should generate hundreds of article topics):
- Ancient history
- Foreign Policy
- Hate crimes
Where should I send the submission?
Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org